Now that you have a beautiful website that has become the envy of your competitors, what do you do next? The website design is merely the beginning of your digital journey. From hereon, it would be endless trial and error to determine which of your online marketing strategies provide the biggest ROI.
However, when it comes to digital marketing, it is rare that businesses cash in on a single strategy. For the most part, it is a grind. As you might expect, your competition also likely hired a web design company singapore to boost their revenues.
But first, you need to understand what blogging is and why a web development company singapore will recommend that you take advantage of this tool.
What is Blogging?
A blog is a digital journal or diary that is posted on the website. But it does not only contain words. An effective article should also include photos, GIFs, diagrams, and even clips to make it more interesting.
The Internet is a cathedral of information. It is a two-headed monster. While information can educate, a lot of it can also distract your audience and drive them away from your page.
It is always a tough challenge for the web design company singapore to capture the attention of the audience.
For instance, according to this statistic, more than 5 in 10 of your visitors will read your blog for 15 seconds or less.
That is you need to grab their attention from the get-go and make sure they do not leave.
Here are some blogging statistics you need to be aware of:
- WordPress, the most popular blogging platform, publishes 70 million posts each month
- A writer will typically take 3.5 hours to finish a blog post
- More than 7 in 10 posts published on WordPress are written in English
- Long blog posts (1,500 or more words) typically generate better response
- Only 3 in 10 blogs are updated by websites. The website developer singapore must make it easier to post and edit online articles.
- About five percent of bloggers do not take advantage of analytics to determine the reach and response rate of their post
- 4 in 10 bloggers post their articles without the advantage of the editor
- Websites with blogs have more indexed pages (the difference increase rate is more than 400%)
- People rate blogs as a trustworthy source (fifth in ranking)
- More than 7 in 10 users are reading blogs online
The average web design agency Singapore will tell you that blogging is one of the most effective SEO tools to drive traffic to your site, and also boost the credibility of your brand.
Here are some of the reasons why blogging is crucial for your business:
- It helps enhance your brand — Some of the iconic brands in the world did not reach their status overnight. With the help of a web development company, you should answer the question that is prominent among the readers’ minds: “Why should I care about what you are selling?”
- It helps rank you in search engines — Blogging is one of the most effective inbound marketing strategies, which also helps you generate qualified leads. The website design company singapore will help position your website as the primary repository of answers. Apart from the web page design, search engines look at credibility and authority.
- It connects you to your target audience — Blogging will also allow you to reach out to your audience so that they will see the other side of your corporate persona. The web design company must also link your blog post to your Facebook page to generate traffic to your site once it gains traction on social media.
- It amplifies your credibility — Regardless of what field you belong to, you will always deal with competition. For instance, if you are a plumber operating mainly in Kallang or Ubi areas, how do you make sure you stand out from all the plumbers near the area? Sharing to them your mountain of knowledge on all plumbing-related concerns will establish your authority and expertise. When a pipe bursts in their house, your number will be the first thing they will call.
Those are some of the ways blogging will help your business. Web design services include a CMS like WordPress that will allow you to post, edit, and erase blogs on your own. A web developer singapore should know the value of blogging to make sure web site development is geared toward providing a platform for you to create and share content.